“Psychological First Aid: Children and Disasters”
Saturday, Nov. 21st 11:00 am – 2 p.m.
Do you want to help prepare Chicago in case of a natural disaster or emergency? Are you a community service provider or a volunteer looking to improve and strengthen your skills in assisting others with their disaster related mental health needs? Then attend a no costPreparedness Training Course with the Chicago Department of Public Health. Seating is limited.
- Identify the basic objectives and intervention strategies of Psychological First Aid.
- Gain skills needed to implement the intervention strategies of Psychological First Aid.
- Adapt Psychological First Aid in diverse settings and with different populations. Special attention will be provided to children and youth
- Appreciate the importance of providing Psychological First Aid in the aftermath of disaster.
- Gain confidence in implementing Psychological First Aid in the immediate aftermath of a disaster.
- Identify ways to enhance provider care before, during, and after disaster care.
4. Under Browse Catalog, select Public Health Emergency Preparedness and select your course: PSY 25 “Psychological First Aid: Children and Disasters”, 11/21/15 at 11:00 a.m.- 2:00p.m%20at%20Nikoleta.Boukydis@cityofchicago.org.">
For help registering or for more information, contact Nikoleta Boukydis, Psy.D., at Nikoleta.Boukydis@cityofchicago.org.